Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I have a new book coming out...hopefully by Thanksgiving!

Well, my sister and I are working on a new book now. It's a story about an Acorn family.

We were outside in her backyard a few weeks ago, playing with her kids....and we were collecting Acorns. I looked at one, and it had this zig zag on it's top, and made it look like a haircut (where the bangs part). I thought, "Hey...this would be a great character for a new story."

My sister got creative one day and began writing a new story...so the new book began. This time, though, it's not in rhyming fashion, and it will have more detailed illustrations. I'm using a different technique with the drawings, so it looks more sketchy, and trying to add more detail and color to each page. It's only my second time illustrating though, but hopefully you'll like what the end product turns out to be.

Below are some pics of not quite finished pages...and if there's text...it may not be the final edited version. But, this gives you an idea of what to look forward to. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment